Find out how a rare breathing disorder has changed the life of my young son and my family.

Sunday, July 30, 2006


I have long thought that the story of my son, Joshua was interesting - even news worthy. He does have something that is quite rare - so much so that even few doctors have heard of it or know what to expect for him. So, I emailed our local news media to see if they agreed with me.

Soon after, I heard from a reporter with the San Antonio Express News, Melissa Fletcher Stoeltje. She writes for the Life Section of the paper and was quite interested in telling Joshua's story.

Stoeltje scheduled an interview with us and came to the house. She tape recorded a lengthy conversation between us, watched a video a friend of mine put together for me, and got a first hand look at Joshua's bedroom which has become his hospital room. She and I spoke several times over the phone since then and she sent a photographer who took many pictures of Josh.

Melissa called me several days ago to tell me the story would be running in today's paper. I looked it up, read it and was very impressed. I would love to share it with you, too. Please pick up a copy of the paper, if you can - or - you can see most of it on my MySpace page.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home