Find out how a rare breathing disorder has changed the life of my young son and my family.

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Blog from Friday, April 21, 2006

Odd things in the night and morning

This is the day that the Lord hath made. I will be glad and rejoice in it.

If you are like me, sometimes it feels like one day is not much different from the next. You wake up, go through the same routines of getting ready, heading out where ever you are going, etc. etc. For me, it is getting myself up and dressed, getting my kids up and ready for school, taking my son to school, making meals, cleaning, taking care of bills, and so forth.

But even if it seems there are very few differences in your activities, sometimes there are some strange things that happen that set our days apart.

Here are a few of those odd things that set this day apart for me - so far:

We had a storm last night that rolled through our area. With it came the lightning and thunder and pounding rain. We experienced a quick power outage and when the electricity came back on, something caused a lamp near my bedside to come on. This was unusual and quite unexpected. This lamp requires you to touch the base to switch it on. It goes through different levels of brightness or dimness before it switches back off - but every level requires a touch. Nothing touched the lamp to make it come on and that was a first. It startled me and puzzled me, but I used the light to see to check on things in the house before going back to bed and to sleep.

While getting ready to take my son to school this morning, I noticed I had left one of the dogs' water dishes up beside our grill in the backyard yesterday. So, I thought I'd run out and get it, clean it out (like I meant to do before) and make sure the dogs had enough food and water. As I stepped out the back door, I noticed another of the dogs' water dishes beside the dog house full of rainwater - and floating inside - the corpses of three small mice! Yuck! My daughter, Steffany commented that maybe mouse poison might not work but apparently water does. Very weird.

Anyway, none of these are very important events in the course of our lives, but sure keeps our days from being too dull, don't you think?

Now for the important stuff:

Josh is doing better today - I think, after he came home from school yesterday and fell asleep on the couch. I hooked him up to his vent and he went on to sleep for about 4 hours! He got up and ate, etc. but went back to bed and slept all night, too - even through the storm. (Another benefit of his ventilator - it makes enough noise to drown out the sounds of the storm for him).
He and I have plans to go to a hayride tonight with a group of "Sparks" at church - these are the 1st & 2nd graders at church in his AWANAS program. We are expecting to get to roast hotdogs and have Smores, that kind of thing. It should be great fun.

Steffany & Jenniy (our new house-guest) have plans to go horseback riding with our new friend, Amy. They are looking forward to that, too!

We have a wedding to attend this weekend - friends of James' from his work. I'm sure we will all enjoy it.

And, we hope to find SOME time this weekend to try out some new jigs we got out at the lake.
So - I guess despite it all - all is well with us for now.

God bless you all for reading through all this nonsense and have a great weekend, too!

Vanessa

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»

3:59 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

9:54 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

10:30 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»

4:17 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home